Splenda in The Grass
Best $1.85 I have ever spent.
It’s been a while since I came across one of David’s books, but I’ve been busy! So busy, in fact, that I thought a nice break would be to sit down at my local library and read some jokes, But look what I found, (ironically??) placed in the humour section!!
Just a couple of things:
- It’s cool how you call out your competition, but calling people who use Rosetta Stone “Rosetta Stoners” was actually kinda mean
- I thought “laff” was just a “funny spelling”, but inside “laugh” is spelled variously as “laff”, “lauff”, “laaf”, “laaaf”, and “läf”
- Cuneiform and Egyptian hieroglyphs evolved in different areas of the earth, at different times, and most likely evolved independently, so all that Egypt stuff on your cover is, like, wrong
- holy crap, David, this is the fourth time you’ve done this??
- finally, and perhaps most importantly, WRITING ENGLISH IN A CUNEIFORM FONT ON YOUR COMPUTER IS NOT WRITING IN CUNEIFORM.
Also, all these jokes seem to be plagiarized from old Reader’s Digest “Humor in Uniform” sections and OH WAIT NEVERMIND I GET IT
Casper slide to tre flip. No one knows how hard this trick is besides Rodney, because 20 years later, no one else has ever done it.